9/17/2008

Project Management

I stumbled upon a book, some sort of handbook for project management, created an distributed by Project management Institute (PIM): A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge. I would like to read it, because in the advertising/promotion of it, they state that "...the PMBOK® Guide, now considered one of the most essential tools in the profession and is the de facto global standard for the industry." Since I have worked within "the industry", I would like to compare the project management control methods/models that I have been in contact with, with the one in the book.

I actually own another book (also about project management), that I received during my last project management programme (and which I unfortunately haven't had the time to read yet) that also seems quite interesting: James P. Lewis: Project Planning, Scheduling & Control, A hands-on guide to bringing projects in on time and on budget.

No comments: